Reaktor Japan is looking for a Technical Lead who is vital to the engineering team. Due to their involvement in implementation, they need to have an understanding of the projects and technical goals on a high level and keeping up to date on latest design processes as well as technologies. They are able to collaborate with teams of software engineers in user research, design, implementation, testing and development of software.
Technical Lead at Reaktor must be able to communicate technical concepts concisely to both technical and non-technical members such as clients, project managers and sales person in both English and Japanese. They should also be quick learners and be open to discussing utilization of new technologies that can help Reaktor's business.
A typical day as a Tech Lead at Reaktor:
- Creating beautiful digital service loved by users
- Planning the software architecture and technology stack
- Building elegant and robust software using latest technology
- Automating processes whenever possible
- Working with our clients in Japan
- Workshop Facilitation – facilitating daily stand-ups
- Whiteboard sessions and participation in workshops
What you need to bring with you:
- Conversational Japanese and English in business context
- 5+ years of experience of working in a software engineering role in IT industries or consultancies
- Experience with both backend and frontend – one may be stronger than the other
- Understand digital service development
- Being truly lean and agile and human centered
- Hands-on experience with modern technologies
- Compassion for people and being people centric—both those around you and those who will use what we build. A letter from your future colleague, Gab discusses what this means in practice.
- An understanding that leadership can be shared. Niklas shares his view on No Hierarchy!
To give you an idea what it’s like working at Reaktor:
- We believe digitalization can bring unprecedented change to Japan. At Reaktor, you will be fulfilling a key role to help us bring innovative digital services to Japanese enterprises.
- We create digital services that answer users’ needs without compromising on software quality or execution speed.
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We have global offices in New York, Helsinki, Amsterdam and Tokyo. You get to learn and share knowledge with other top talent from all over the world. Let's be real though, compared to our established office in Helsinki, we have a smaller setup. Having said that, we work with MNCs like Shiseido, ANA, Mercari to name a few to succeed in their digital ventures.
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Bi-annual company trip
- Company Sponsored Team Building Outings and Events
- Paid On-boarding Trip to Finland
- Paid Cellular Phone and Data Plan
- Free Company Swags
- Endless Snacks and Drinks
- Casual Dress Code
- Support For Career and Development Growth
- One Month of Sick Leave Per Year
- Support for Family Situations Including Parental Leave and Working Flexibility
- Specialty coffee from micro-roasters throughout Japan
- Freedom to choose and expense own working tools, including keyboards, mouse, and laptop stands
Reaktor is a strategy, design, and engineering company based in New York City, Helsinki, Tokyo, and Amsterdam. We are looking for software developers to join our team in Tokyo. Over 400 Reaktorians all over the world excel in everything from hardcore software development to sophisticated brand and concept design – our goal is to bring the most talented people together to help our customers build truly remarkable services. We avoid unnecessary hierarchy and focus on autonomous teams that accomplish their own goals and make their own decisions.