Software developer, Web technologies
We’re looking for a software developer for Web technologies to join our Helsinki office. Your job will be to be the go-to expert on Web frontend technologies in a cross-functional team that works on Web-development projects.
First off, we think that a developer is a developer, which means we don’t silo people or shove them into specific corners. That being said, there are specific things and tricks that apply to specific domains – and let’s face it, people like doing different things.
So if you enjoy exploring the nooks and crannies of modern web development, be it optimizing bundle sizes in Webpack, debugging critical path CSS, or constantly checking caniuse.com to see if you can finally ditch yet another babel polyfill (well hello, threre, browserslist!), you’re just what we’re looking for. Also, as a highly skilled developer who loves to work on web frontend technologies, there’s nothing stopping you from touching the backend as well. Or native apps. Or cloud technologies. In fact, the more you want to expand your horizons the better.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
You make sure that the web app you're working on is the slickest, leanest, meanest site on the entire web
What the role entails:
- Working on big projects with tens millions of users: your work and contribution will definitely be seen throughout the world
- Daily variation: you’ll never know what project you’ll be working on next, except that it’s going to be interesting, challenging and meaningful
- The freedom to impact how you work: you pick the tools and approach that you think will work best in any given situation
- Constant learning and self-improvement: we do our part to advance our field and always look for better ways to work
- Being part of a community of wonderful people: your coworkers enjoy doing development work and they all want you to succeed
As a software developer for Web technologies, you have:
- A modicum of skill. We’re not looking for perfect – in fact, we all need to continue learning all the time – but you should know your stuff and also know what you don’t know
- Working experience with concrete results, preferably in a couple of different projects or teams. We expect you to be able to show us “I did this”
- Note: we’re not looking for a specific experience range, but to give you some perspective, it usually takes between 3 to 8+ years of working in software engineering to reach the level we need, and your coworkers will have at least this many years of experience
- Fluency in either English or Finnish and good communication skills (written & spoken)
- The necessary permits for working in Finland
Voit lähettää hakemuksesi meille myös suomeksi!
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams, with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.