Software developer, Reaktor Education
At Reaktor Education, we work with world-class educators to bring top tier knowledge to hundreds of thousands of people in over a hundred countries. Past examples of our work include elementsofai.com, ranked the best online course in computer science worldwide by Class Central, and starting-up.org which launched at the main stage of Slush in 2019. We are the winner of MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge Global Grand Prize in Skills Development & Opportunity Matching and we ranked second best in the Most Innovative Company in Education by Fast Company.
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer in Helsinki to help us build a platform that will enable our large student base achieve their dreams and advance their careers via learning new skills. You'll get to take as much ownership as you like and help us to evolve our approach to scalable software engineering. You also get to work on something meaningful in a broader sense in society. As an early stage venture, we guarantee that being a part of a team, you'll get to use your whole skillset.
What you’ll do
Help realize our vision into working product
As a part of Reaktor Education, you will:
- Work together with a small, tightly-knit team of developers, designers and strategists to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action and together shape the end result
- Be responsible for as much of the stack as you'd like, and work with your teammates to pick the right technologies and deliver continuously
- Be a paragon of quality in our software engineering practices and ways of working
- Take your share of responsibility for the team and the project, and have the vision and the drive to do more than just “type in the code”. You’re not necessarily expected to lead – but if you have a natural knack for it, go for it!
Our senior software engineers are team players, keen to share what they learn and eager to learn from others. We’re a hands-on bunch, and we expect you to be able to both ideate and take action.
What we’re looking for
A skilled collaborator looking to stay at the top of the game
You’re a hands-on developer who is deeply familiar with modern web technologies (e.g. JS/TS fullstack). You have:
- 5+ years of experience of a software engineering role
- Experience with both backend and frontend – one may be stronger than the other
- At least two full-stack web projects in production under your belt
- A demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods, and may have side projects built using different tech
- Fluency in English and good communication skills (Even though we are headquartered in Helsinki, speaking Finnish is not a requirement)
- Great collaboration skills: You share what you learn, help others, learn from your peers and ask for help when you need it.
Our current stack is TypeScript, Contentful, AWS, Heroku, Postgres, next.js.
We’re extra-impressed if you have in-depth knowledge of multiple stacks, techs or paradigms; have done mobile app development; have an eye for visual aspects of UI development; are experienced in working on or leading agile teams; or have a strong background in comprehensive testing or setting up build pipelines.
Our team enjoys working onsite, so we hope you are willing to join us and work at the office (once it’s safe and the pandemic is under control). By the way, we do offer help with relocation.
Interested? Drop us a line via the form below and introduce yourself! We’ll hire the right person as soon as we find them.
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Mobile Developer (iOS / Android / React Native)
Open application, technology
Software Developer, Reaktor Aero Business
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.