Software developer for the summer 2020
Are you a motivated developer who’s looking for a place to grow and have fun next summer? We’re hiring a bunch of enthusiastic learners to join us for summer 2020. Apply by February 28, 2020.
If you want to know what it's like to spend a summer at Reaktor, read the stories of our previous summer employees on our blog:
- Anna and Joona worked with us last summer, and now they’re talking about their non-existing typical workday
- Mira and Minna, two of our 2018 summer employees, share their tips on landing a junior job with us
- Casper and Matti tell all about their summer in our Amsterdam office in 2017
What we’re looking for
We don’t expect you to master everything before joining us, but we do call for eagerness and ability to learn new things and challenge yourself. You’ll also have a head start in our projects, and therefore, an advantage in the recruitment process if you:
- Know at least one programming language/stack well. Knowing more languages with different abstraction levels and paradigms will come in handy.
- Are familiar with web stack (frontend+backend tech, communication protocols, relational databases, etc). Most of our client projects have aspects involving the web, and thus, knowing the web stack will help you a lot.
- Have previous experience in teamwork with good development practices (e.g. code reviews) and in using Git. As a summer employee, you’ll be working as part of one of our client teams, so knowing good development practices already is a plus.
- Have previous projects to showcase your skills in writing readable and well-structured code. We receive a lot of applications yearly, and thus, showing your skills rather than just telling about them is a great way to stand out.
- Make it through the day in Finnish, and in English. Fluency in Finnish is not a strict requirement but a very valuable skill to have when working with our clients in Finland.
If you don’t check every box on the list, don’t worry. We’re seeking potential, not superstars who know everything already. Rather the list is supposed to help you to pinpoint the relevant skills in your application.
What we offer
- Meaningful projects that solve real-life problems. You’ll be spending your summer as a part of one of our client teams, working with our leading experts, building solutions that solve actual challenges of the client.
- A passionate community of experts as your colleagues. As a Reaktorian, you’ll have talented and experienced colleagues around you, ready to help you whenever you need it.
- A workplace where you can feel like home. We’re not looking to hire your work-self, but we’re looking to hire you as a whole and let you be the same person at work as at home.
- A summer that is not all about work. We Reaktorians take our work seriously, but we also like to have fun, which is why we’re having regular team days and doing not work-related activities together.
How to apply
We’re excited if you’re planning on applying! Send us your application and CV as PDF’s using the form below by Feb 28, 2020.
There’s no need to be formal but make sure that your application includes either one of the following:
- Your solution to our pre-assignment as a link to your online portfolio (GitHub or similar).
- A link to your previous solo project that showcases your skills the best. Make sure that the project:
- Demonstrates the relevant coding skills we’re looking for (stated above).
- Contains a README that makes it easy to understand, build, and run your code, and preferably also pointing to a demo running on the Internet.
We’re hoping to read your application soon! Voit halutessasi lähettää kesätyöhakemuksesi meille myös suomeksi.