Excited about using the latest web technologies?
Interested in solving human problems with a holistic approach?
Curious to experience a managerless work environment?
Look at you sounding like a Reaktorian already 😎
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Amsterdam office that has been officially certified as a Great Place to Work! You will solve juicy digital challenges together with international clients, share expertise with others, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Lisbon, Helsinki, NYC and Tokyo.
- Have 4+ years of professional web development experience.
- Can work with the team to decide the best tools for the job at hand. Sometimes it’s Clojure running in a Kubernetes cluster, and sometimes it’s a small piece of JS running on AWS Lambda.
- Are familiar with automated testing & functional programming.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase. No ivory tower architects here.
Salary range: €45,000 – €70,000 per year (incl. holiday allowance)
What about the tech?
We know that good developers can create great things in any language. We have no hard language or tech requirements. Things we get excited about include: functional programming, state management, Node.js, Clojure, TypeScript, React, Swift, Kotlin, SQL and NoSQL, Kanban.
What’s in it for you?
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to learn from a 600+ Reaktor global network. But what really makes us different is our Nordic culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours; high levels of responsibility and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Flexible working hours (as long as it works for the team and the client)
- Work trips between EU offices
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Get paid to do Open Source work
- Company shares
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
If you’re not based in Amsterdam, no worries. What’s important is that you’d be willing to come join us. To make sure we’re a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
The Amsterdam office that has a unique vibe, being a lively mix of 25 nationalities. From day one, our growth philosophy has been to hire any and all Reaktorians out there. This has served us well, with a welcoming community of humans who will connect with you beyond the day-to-day.
Working in teams and helping clients is our bread and butter. Reaktor’s cross functional teams consist of Front-end Engineers, Backend / DevOps & SRE specialists, Designers, Data Scientists, and Coaches. We unite our efforts to help future-thinking companies like adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, and FC Liverpool succeed in their world-scale digital endeavours everyday.
Come as you are
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the future of technology together. Reaktor respectfully encourages applicants of all genders, gender identities and gender expressions, races, religions, ethnicities, countries of origin, age groups, sexual orientations, marital and parental statuses, people with mental or physical disabilities.
Sounds like you? We need to meet!
💻 We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
👋🏽 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Culture and Attitude interview.
😎 Next up is a technical interview. No brain teasers or sorting algos, we promise. You choose a couple of topics to discuss, we’ll choose a couple of topics to discuss.
📃 Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
❤️ You’re in!
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.