Service Design Lead
Reaktor Japan is looking for people with the passion to create high-quality digital services in Japan!
Our Tokyo branch focuses on helping enterprises build digital services using a user-driven, agile approach. We work lean, and swear by prototypes and data, continuous iteration, humble curiosity, and small teams with big autonomy.
A typical day as a Service Design Lead:
- You will encourage innovative approaches to design techniques
- You will be responsible for establishing and managing client relationships
- You will liaise with key client stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
What you need to bring with you:
- 8+ years delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as strong leadership experience.
- Ability to facilitate, present and have excellent communication skill in both Japanese and English
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship.
- Experience in proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience with user research and owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship.
- Compassion for people and being people centric—both those around you and those who will use what we build. A letter from your future colleague, Gab discusses what this means in practice.
- An understanding that leadership can be shared. Niclas shares what this means in perspective in his blog, No Hierarchy!
To give you an idea what it’s like working at Reaktor:
- We believe digitalization can bring unprecedented change to Japan. At Reaktor, you will be fulfilling a key role to help us bring innovative digital services to Japanese enterprises.
- We create digital services that answer users’ needs without compromising on software quality or execution speed.
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We have global offices in New York, Helsinki, Amsterdam and Tokyo. You get to learn and share knowledge with other top talent from all over the world.
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Bi-annual company trip
- Company Sponsored Team Building Outings and Events
- Paid On-boarding Trip to Finland
- Paid Cellular Phone and Data Plan
- Free Company Swags
- Endless Snacks and Drinks
- Casual Dress Code
- Support For Career and Development Growth
- One Month of Sick Leave Per Year
- Support for Family Situations Including Parental Leave and Working Flexibility
- Specialty coffee from micro-roasters throughout Japan
- Freedom to choose and expense own working tools, including keyboards, mouse, and laptop stands
Reaktor is a strategy, design, and engineering company based in New York City, Helsinki, Tokyo, and Amsterdam. We are looking for software developers to join our team in Tokyo. Over 400 Reaktorians all over the world excel in everything from hardcore software development to sophisticated brand and concept design – our goal is to bring the most talented people together to help our customers build truly remarkable services. We avoid unnecessary hierarchy and focus on autonomous teams that accomplish their own goals and make their own decisions.