Senior Visual Designer
We’re looking for visual designers to join us in creating world-class products and services for some of the most interesting clients out there. You’ll be a part of one of our talented digital product creation teams, helping our clients solve meaningful real-world problems.
You’re an expert at turning ideas and concepts into desirable products and services and are able to create inspiringly simple visual representations of complex environments. You base your design decisions on solid rationale, and move fluidly between thoughtful visual storytelling and nitty-gritty problem solving. You enjoy working together with other talented people to come up with the best possible solution.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
Work with brilliant people to solve knotty creative problems
Our visual designers don’t shy away from the complex. Here you’ll work within our hybrid teams to help solve our clients’ problems by:
- Striving to understand the context, situations, and customer needs and tasks in order to fulfill them with appealing visual communication
- Utilizing the client’s existing brand and identity, and pushing them into new frontiers and mediums
- Working closely with a diverse group of designers to find holistic and meaningful solutions to abstract and complex creative problems, and then pairing with developers to realize the designs into working prototypes, products and services
- Continuously improving your solutions via iterative releases and user feedback
Our visual designers approach design as something that evolves as the context and environment we’re working in keeps changing. We stay curious about how the product is affecting and changing the lives of its users, and like you to do so, too.
What we’re looking for
A designer with a hunger to keep on learning
You understand visual design as a tool to solve problems rather than to create pure visual expression. You’re constantly looking for ways to develop your skills and understanding of the role of design.
As a senior visual designer, you:
- Are an advanced craftsperson in graphic design and visual design systems, and are able to present and explain your design decision to a wider audience
- Have extensive experience in making your ideas and designs interactive with modern prototyping tools and/or code
- Appreciate that design isn’t static, and enjoy moving between thoughtful storytelling and quick, scrappy visual fixes
- Are inspired by a collaborative atmosphere that sparks meaningful work
- Speak fluent Finnish and English
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams, with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.
Reaktor in brief
Reaktor is a hybrid partner for forward-thinking companies and organizations. We reimagine businesses, and design and build tomorrow’s digital products. Our full range of consultancy and agency services include expertise from high-level business consultancy, to hands-on service and product design and development, to branding and marketing.
We have global reach, a Nordic touch, a boutique approach, and an exceptional ability to scale and take on projects of any caliber.