Senior UX Designer
Are you a designer who keeps user needs at the center of your work?
We are now looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our growing Tokyo team.
What we expect from you:
- Leadership: You will lead our team and clients, come up with new digital solutions and take them from concept to creation.
- Professional insights: You are comfortable pitching for prospective clients from both design and business perspectives.
- Hands-on skills: You can craft exceptional UX, design beautiful interfaces, and work with engineers and other stakeholders to prototype and validate your designs.
During the project lifecycle, your responsibilities will shift from one to another with the goal of picking up what needs to get done.
What you need to bring with you:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role designing web, and/or other on-device apps
- English proficiency with demonstrated ability to explain design decisions to external stakeholders in Japanese
- Know how to identify, prioritize and validate assumptions within the user experience through prototypes, user testing, analytics, and other means
Reaktor is a creative digital product studio. Our 5-year-old Tokyo branch focuses on helping enterprises build digital services by understanding client needs and iteratively designing and building digital solutions. Our creations cover a wide range of platforms and technologies, including mobile apps, web, IoT devices, VR, robots, and even satellites.
- We believe the role of design is to bridge user perspective with software solutions. You are in a key position to define what the product is about.
- We combine the best of Western and Japanese design methodologies to produce superior results for Japanese enterprises.
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We have global offices in New York, Amsterdam, Helsinki and Tokyo. You get to learn and share knowledge with other top talent from all over the world.
If you believe you are the person we’re looking for, introduce yourself Tell us about your past adventures in the world of design, and let us know what you’d love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter and a portfolio or relevant work samples and don't forget to state your Japanese language ability in your application. When submitting your work samples/portfolio, please indicate your specific role(s) and contributions for each project presented. You should be able to share work samples of design solutions that have influenced new ways of working in an organization.
We look forward to hearing from you!