Senior UX Designer
Are you a designer who keeps user needs at the center of your work?
We are now looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our growing Tokyo team.
What we expect from you:
- Leadership: You will lead our team and clients, come up with new digital solutions and take them from concept to creation.
- Professional insights: You are comfortable pitching for prospective clients from both design and business perspectives.
- Hands-on skills: You can craft exceptional UX, design beautiful interfaces, and work with engineers and other stakeholders to prototype and validate your designs.
What you need to bring with you:
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; ability to communicate with multiple stakeholder groups both in English and Japanese
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role designing web, and/or other on-device apps
- Know how to identify, prioritize and validate assumptions within the user experience through prototypes, user testing, analytics, and other means
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Bi-annual company trip
- Company Sponsored Team Building Outings and Events
- Paid On-boarding Trip to Finland
- Paid Cellular Phone and Data Plan
- Free Company Swags
- Endless Snacks and Drinks
- Casual Dress Code
- Support For Career and Development Growth
- One Month of Sick Leave Per Year
- Support for Family Situations Including Parental Leave and Working Flexibility
- Specialty coffee from micro-roasters throughout Japan
- Freedom to choose and expense own working tools, including keyboards, mouse, and laptop stands
Reaktor is a creative digital product studio. Our Tokyo branch focuses on helping enterprises build digital services by understanding client needs and iteratively designing and building digital solutions.
- We believe the role of design is to bridge user perspective with software solutions. You are in a key position to define what the product is about.
- We combine the best of Western and Japanese design methodologies to produce superior results for Japanese enterprises.
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We have global offices in New York, Amsterdam, Helsinki and Tokyo. You get to learn and share knowledge with other top talent from all over the world.
If you believe you are the person we’re looking for, introduce yourself Tell us about your past adventures in the world of design, and let us know what you’d love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter and portfolio that includes work related projects. When submitting your work samples/portfolio, please indicate your specific role(s) and contributions for each project presented. You should be able to share work samples of design solutions that have influenced new ways of working in an organization.
We look forward to hearing from you!