Senior Technical Advisor
We’re looking for a senior technical advisor to join our team in Helsinki. You’re a consultant with broad experience across technologies, and you’re looking for a place to work at the intersection of business and technology. You're no stranger to presenting ideas in boardrooms and depicting what could be done, but also not afraid to jump in and make the presentation topics a reality.
You’re a technologist at heart, and you know how to do things the smart way in any context. You’re interested in mapping the depths and details of various technologies to find the best solution for your client – be it enterprise architecture, integration, or custom software. You’re comfortable working closely with the clients' senior staff and IT leadership even without a fellow Reaktorian. However, you also enjoy pairing up with other Reaktorians when the engagement calls for a multidisciplinary or otherwise larger team.
You’re helping a diverse set of clients from publishing to banking and beyond. You’re eager to take a deep dive into the characteristics of your client’s industry whatever it might be to help them with their core business challenges spanning over technology, governance, and organization as well as within individual systems. Most importantly, you’re always ready to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to help the client and your team succeed.
What we’re like
At Reaktor, we pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful, and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch—in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Here, you’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals.
We constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter. As a Reaktorian, you get to learn from experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content, and data.
What you’ll do
Help our customers modernize their technology landscape
As a senior technology advisor at Reaktor, you’ll:
- Work on a wide range of technology-related problems that are essential to our client’s business. Your day-to-day will vary depending on your client. It may be anything between designing cloud infrastructure, performing technical due diligence ahead of a merger, or analyzing legacy systems comprising CDN, CMS, IAM, PIM, DAM, ERP, 3PL, or pretty much any other three-letter acronym.
- Follow the projects from the very first sales meetings to the finish line. You’re the best person to sell your expertise. Thus, we want you to collaborate closely with your business colleagues in creating new offerings and taking part in sales efforts, but also to get your hands dirty in the actual project work.
- Work on cases in scalable, high availability, and data-intensive systems in complex and varied business domains.
- Help our clients pick the right technologies, architectures, and organizational structures. That can mean cloud or on-prem, a tried-and-true JVM language or a polyglot mix of Go, C#, and TypeScript – or anything else that solves the client’s need in their context.
- Wear different kinds of hats depending on the project and client. Our technology advisors’ role is not set in stone. They can do anything starting from local sales support and technical assessments of existing systems and codebases to feasibility studies, ending with developing a technology strategy for a billion-dollar retail company with locations across multiple continents.
- Learn the entire gamut of technologies in use at leading companies. When working with our diverse clientele and their technology challenges, you’ll be able to gain a ton of insight on the current technology landscape.
What we’re looking for
A technology consultant who knows how to think and talk business
As a senior technology advisor, you want to work with our clients’ senior executives on any complex challenges they may have. You might be the advisor we’re looking for if you:
- Want to understand the client’s business deeply to best advise them on how digital initiatives can be the way to achieve their business goals.
- Have prior experience in different types of technology projects and environments. As a developer, you’ve taken part in developing and delivering complex software projects from beginning to end.
- Understand complex architectures and modern infrastructures. You’re e.g. able to articulate why a microservices architecture makes sense and know how to build one.
- Are an experienced coder with knowledge of modern languages and frameworks. We find it crucial that our technology advisors can also show what they tell.
- Have worked with a multitude of technologies and ecosystems.
- Are fluent in either English or Finnish and have good written and oral communication skills.
- Have the necessary permits for working in Finland.
Interested? Drop us a line using the form below and introduce yourself! Voit lähettää hakemuksesi meille myös suomeksi.