Senior Software Engineer
Excited about solving human problems with first-class technologies?
Curious about applying your tech skills in meaningful projects for top international clients?
Passionate about finding the best ways of working in a global team based across Lisbon, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Stockholm and New York?
Look at you sounding like a Reaktorian already 😎
At Reaktor, we help future-thinking companies (adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, FC Liverpool, and others) succeed in technology. Our Nordic culture defines our key principle: offering exceptional technological competence while deeply caring about the wellbeing of our team-mates. We are known for our human approach, have a 5-star Glassdoor rating, and launched a satellite running Node.js in low Earth orbit.
Our Lisbon office is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will become the cornerstone of our new global technology hub of the brightest minds. When you are a Reaktorian, you will be solving juicy digital challenges, sharing expertise, working closely with Reaktor communities in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Helsinki, and connecting with colleagues and clients from all over the world.
- Can work with the team to decide the best tools for the job at hand. Sometimes it’s Clojure running in a Kubernetes cluster, and sometimes it’s a small piece of JS running on AWS Lambda.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase. No ivory tower architects here.
- Are willing to take an active part in shaping the new Lisbon community of the strongest developers.
- Have a high level of technical confidence and 4+ years of experience.
- Live in Lisbon or within a comfortable commute range to be able to work from our beautiful office
What about tech?
We know that good developers can create great things in any language. For that reason, we see ourselves as technology agnostic and don’t have specific tech requirements. Things we get excited about include: functional programming, Clojure, TypeScript, React, Swift, Kotlin, Postgres and Kanban. We would love to hear about your favourite technologies and see your interest in trying out the others as well.
What’s in it for you?
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe. But what really makes us different is our Nordic culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours; high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
We believe you know best what helps you grow – be it a certification program, taking a training, participating in a conference or joining one of the numerous Reaktor Communities of Practice – and we are always there to fully support you in your development journey.
Let’s talk about benefits
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health insurance
- Compensation of any development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Travel expenses
- Work trips between EU offices
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
- Company shares
Sounds like you? We need to meet!
💻 We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
👋🏽 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Attitude interview.
😎 Next up is a technical interview. No brain teasers or sorting algos, we promise. You choose a couple of topics to discuss, we’ll choose a couple of topics to discuss.
📃 Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
❤️ You’re in!
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Front-end Engineer
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.