Senior Software Developer, Reaktor Education
At Reaktor Education, we work with world-class educators to bring top tier knowledge to hundreds of thousands of people in over a hundred countries. Past examples of our work include elementsofai.com, ranked second best among CS courses worldwide by Class Central, and starting-up.org which launched at the main stage of Slush in 2019. We are the winner of MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge Global Grand Prize in Skills Development & Opportunity Matching and we ranked second best in the Most Innovative Company in Education by Fast Company.
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us build a platform that will enable our large student base achieve their dreams and advance their careers via learning new skills. You'll get to take as much ownership as you like and help us to evolve our approach to scalable software engineering. You also get to work on something meaningful in a broader sense in society. As an early stage venture, we guarantee that being a part of a team, you'll get to use your whole skillset.
What you’ll do
Help realize digital visions into working product
As a part of Reaktor Education, you will:
- Work together with a small, tightly-knit team of developers, designers and strategists to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action and together shape the end result
- Be responsible for as much of the stack as you'd like, and work with your teammates to pick the right technologies and deliver continuously
- Be a paragon of quality in our software engineering practices and ways of working
- Take your share of responsibility for the team and the project, and have the vision and the drive to do more than just “type in the code”. You’re not necessarily expected to lead – but if you have a natural knack for it, go for it!
Our senior software engineers are team players, keen to share what they learn and eager to learn from others. We’re a hands-on bunch, and we expect you to be able to both ideate and take action.
What we’re looking for
A skilled collaborator looking to stay at the top of the game
You’re a hands-on developer who is deeply familiar with modern web technologies (e.g. ES6 fullstack). You have:
- 5+ years of experience of a software engineering role
- Experience with both backend and frontend – one may be stronger than the other
- At least two full-stack web projects in production under your belt
- A demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods, and may have side projects built using different tech
- Fluency in English and good communication skills (Even though we are headquartered in Helsinki, speaking Finnish is not a requirement)
- Great collaboration skills: You share what you learn, help others, learn from your peers and ask for help when you need it.
We’re extra-impressed if you have in-depth knowledge of multiple stacks, techs or paradigms; have done mobile app development; have an eye for visual aspects of UI development; are experienced in working on or leading agile teams; or have a strong background in comprehensive testing or setting up build pipelines.
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams, with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.
By the way, we do offer help with relocation.