Turku Software Development
Senior Software Developer
We’re looking for a senior software developer to come create world-class digital products for our customers. You’ll get to work on challenging projects in interesting industries, using modern methods and technologies. What those methods and technologies is up to you and your team to decide. You’ll work closely with the client and your teammates to give input into projects and shape the final working product.
You are an experienced software developer who’s looking to push the envelope, and keep evolving your skills. You want to work with peers who are all top-notch in their own area of expertise – designers, developers, strategists, content specialists – to create products that are more than a sum of their parts.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on worthwhile projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
Help realize digital visions into working product
Working on one of our autonomous on-site client teams, you’ll:
- Work together with a hybrid team of developers, designers, strategists and the client to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action and together shape the end result
- Be responsible for the web-facing parts of the project, and work with your teammates to pick the right technologies and deliver continuously
- Commit working code, perform code reviews for peers and help develop the team’s ways of working
- Take your share of the responsibility for the team and the project, and have the vision and drive to do more than just “type in the code”. You’re not necessarily expected to lead – but if you have a natural knack for it, then go for it!
Our senior software engineers are team players, keen to share what they learn and learn from others. We’re a hands-on bunch, and expect you to be able to both ideate and take action.
What we’re looking for
A skilled collaborator looking to stay at the top of their game
You’re a hands-on developer who is deeply familiar with modern web technologies (e.g. ES6 fullstack). You have:
- 3 to 5+ years of experience of working in a software engineering role
- Experience with both backend and frontend – one may be stronger than the other
- At least two full-stack web projects in production under your belt
- A demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods, and may have side projects built using different tech
- Fluency in either English or Finnish and good communication skills
- Necessary permits for working in Finland
- Great collaboration skills: You share what you learn, help others, learn from your peers, and ask for help when you need it.
We’re extra-impressed if you have in-depth knowledge of multiple stacks, techs or paradigms; are experienced in working on or leading agile teams; or have a strong background in comprehensive testing or setting up build pipelines.
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams, with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.