Senior machine learning expert
We’re looking for a senior machine learning expert to join our ranks in Helsinki. You’ll help our clients build advanced digital services and business processes by applying your machine learning expertise in practice – whether in building recommendation engines and deep-learning systems or making sound statistical analyses.
We're offering you the possibility to join one of the largest Data Science and Engineering communities of practice in Finland. Our aim is to advance AI and ML on all levels, including R&D, engineering, software development, concept design, and strategy, and so far we have taken part in over 50 projects over the course of the last five years. If true cross-disciplinary hands-on collaboration with experts of other domains is what you seek, Reaktor is arguably one of the best places to work at.
What we’re like
At Reaktor, we pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Here, you’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals.
We constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter. As a Reaktorian, you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.
What you’ll do
Build next-generation digital services
As a senior machine learning expert at Reaktor, you’ll:
- Work in a self-organizing team with leading experts in software development, data science, and service design
- Consult and help clients with building AI systems in production, such as recommendation engines, machine vision systems, and other interesting applications of machine learning
- Help clients in utilizing data-driven systems and decision-making
- Get to participate in, get support from and learn from our AI and data science community of practice
- Support your colleagues in sales to secure your team the best AI projects out there
What we’re looking for
A knowledgeable machine learning expert with great collaboration skills
You want to use data to create astonishing digital services, and you are experienced enough to know that achieving it requires a lot of groundwork and collaboration. As a senior machine learning expert, we’d expect you to:
- Have an excellent understanding of a wide variety of machine learning techniques, including their theory.
- Some tools of the trade we use include Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, R, and NumPy – but as an expert, you, of course, bring your own tools as well
- Be either a true data science generalist or a devoted specialist in at least one of the following:
- Bayesian modeling, Deep Learning, Machine vision, Operations research, Data Engineering, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Have great consultation skills. We're not looking for magic: just be yourself, listen and then offer genuine advice.
- Be experienced in (or at least have an understanding of) writing production code with R or python.
- Be eager to expand your expertise outside your forte if helping the client and your team so requires.
- Have the necessary permits for working in Finland.
Want to know who you’d work with?
Get to know some of your future colleagues beforehand:
- A letter from your future colleague Mikko (Data Science)
- A letter from your future colleague Ana (Software development)
- A letter from your future colleague Alex (Software development)
- A letter from your future colleague Khanh (Design)
Interested? Send us your application and CV by November 17th using the form below.