Senior Data Engineer
We're looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Helsinki office. You will work together with our data scientists and software developers to deliver world-class data products to end users. As Reaktor’s data engineer, you will be joining our tight-knit AI community of roughly 30 data scientists, AI designers and data engineers.
You like working with data and enjoy the process of refining messy and unstructured datasets into something useful. You enjoy technical challenges related to scale where infrastructure and algorithmic choices have tangible consequences. You are interested in the field of machine learning and can communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
Sounds like you? Keep on reading then since you might just be the person we're looking for.
What you'll do
Build and design scalable architectures behind data-intensive applications
Your job evolves around applications such as recommendation engines, semantic search engines and dynamic pricing systems.
As a data engineer, you’ll:
- Design and develop scalable data pipelines, in both batch and stream processing settings
- Work on infrastructure and APIs for storing, transforming and delivering data to end users
- Work together with our clients and domain experts to figure out their data needs
- Collaborate with data scientists to design end-to-end data products
On your typical day at work, you might be creating and building e.g.
- An end-to-end data pipeline for gathering impression data and serving content recommendations to users of a media streaming service
- A semantic search engine for large amounts of textual data
- A data lake with numerous data sources and build search capability to it for analysts
- A platform and data pipelines for running ML models and integrating results to different applications (web, mobile apps)
What we're looking for
An experienced data engineer with consulting skills
As a seasoned data engineer, you:
- Have a strong background in working with databases (E.g. PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Have experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Understand infrastructure-as-code practices (E.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK)
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with clients to figure out their data needs
- Have a general knowledge of modern Data Science and Business Intelligence tools and frameworks
Interested? Great, introduce yourself by sending us your cover letter, resume and a link to a concrete work sample (e.g. GitHub) via the form below. Voit lähettää hakemuksesi myös suomeksi. Send us an application by April 25th 2021.
Not convinced yet? Read more about our projects and what is it like to work at Reaktor below. We hope to be able to turn your head around!
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Senior Web Developer
Software Developer – Join our remote Reaktor office in Finland
Senior Data Engineer
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.
From your future colleagues
We are 550+ and are always looking for exceptional talent and friends to grow our global community. Our cooperative, supportive and friendly community and the culture it creates is the most important asset we have. Read more about the work your potential future colleagues have done.