Principal Technical Consultant
Reaktor is a partner for forward-thinking companies and organizations. We reimagine businesses, and design and build tomorrow’s digital products. Our full range of consultancy services include expertise from high level business strategy to hands-on product design and development.
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. While working in Dubai, you will get to work on a variety of exciting projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. All while enjoying more than 3,500 hours of sunlight per year.
You are an analytical thinker and a quick learner. You have a business mindset, good communication skills, and are a self-starter. You enjoy being autonomous and having the freedom and responsibility to make your own choices.
In this role, you will be working in small teams to design, document and deliver digital services for our clients in the Middle East (mainly, Dubai). You’ll work in close collaboration with other like-minded senior tech consultants and designers using various technologies to solve our customers’ problems. You’ll also be expected to guide our clients in the right direction and steer the project towards success.
Being a small office, you’ll also have the chance to grow with the team and play a part in developing our unique company culture. We work as a flat organisation and the problems we face change constantly. You’ll need to use your own initiative to get things done.
What you’ll be doing
As a Principal Technical Consultant, you can expect to:
- Work on and lead complex projects with several stakeholders
- Discuss and understand our clients functional/non-functional business requirements
- Design, present and implement new systems and solutions for our customers needs using the technologies that you think are best suited for the case
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your solutions
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
The essential tech
- Professional experience leading small/large tech teams
- Professional knowledge on at least one cloud architecture stack (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Professional experience with recent cloud infrastructure tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Serverless, Terraform, Rancher, etc.
- Professional experience building automated pipelines
- Professional experience designing, deploying and maintaining distributed systems including multiple services with relational and non-relational databases
- Practical knowledge of Kanban, Scrum and agile methodologies
What we offer
- Comprehensive health benefits plan
- Competitive salary
- 25 days/year flexible vacation time
- Onboarding trip to Finland as soon as you start
- Bi-annual company trip
- Team events to have some fun together
- Weekly team lunch
- Snacks, drinks and coffee