You – a dedicated operations manager who likes to work with people and create a welcoming atmosphere.
We – a team of 50 people coming from 21 different countries and sharing a beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam to help clients on their journey to digital success.
Reaktor Amsterdam is looking for an English and Dutch-speaking Office Manager to take care of the smooth running of our office operations, as well as contribute to our company culture through organizing team events.
Our biggest value is the happiness and wellbeing of our team members and you’d be one of the key people looking over it: from making sure our fridges and snack counters are well stocked to welcoming new hires and developing the concept for the next Summer party.
As an Office Manager your tasks will include:
Office Operations and taking care of our space
- Managing our vendors: communicating, scheduling, invoicing.
- Monthly/weekly ordering of office food, snacks, drinks, stationery and other office supplies.
- Taking care of both inbound and outbound mail & packaging.
- Coordinating the use of our Amsterdam company apartments.
- Implementing and improving Health and Safety programs.
- Proactively searching for potential office improvements.
Community and Events
- Taking on the project manager role to organize large team events like Summer Parties, Monthly meetings, Thursday dinners and more.
- Helping Talent Growth team with arranging company trips and office visits.
- Co-creating and curating smaller events – Hobby clubs, Cooking Workshops, Office lunches, tours, and whatever you see fit to keep the community spirits up.
- Love creating and maintaining operational processes and being around people making sure everyone feels welcome.
- Are a detailed planner and have experience working with vendors.
- Have some basic tech skills – you can schedule online calls, create excel files and carry out other similar digital native actions without breaking a sweat.
- Have strong English and Dutch language skills (both spoken and written) – we communicate most often in English but some communications in Dutch will be necessary with our vendors.
- Show proactiveness, self-leadership and ownership of all things office related. You know what you’re great at, can work without strong direction, and don’t mind advising others when they need it.
- Have interest in sustainability goals and can plan our product usage monthly, utilising spreadsheets to manage order intakes and limit wastage.
What’s in it for you?
Salary: €35000 – 48000 per year
Besides a competitive salary, pension scheme, office dinners, regular company events, work phone and laptop, phone plan, home wifi allowance, health insurance, a career development budget, you have:
- A chance to provide your expertise to a growing team here in Amsterdam, with close ties to a well-resourced larger organization.
- Personal growth within a people-first company – you always have a say in how our processes are organized, have space to share opinions and provide value from day 1 – no layers of bureaucracy here.
- A chance to enjoy – not just tolerate – your working day. We are very proud of our Glassdoor rating and do our best to empower our people to also feel proud – both of the work they do and the way our company operates as a whole.
What is working for Reaktor Amsterdam like?
We are a technology consultancy – our development and design teams work with multinational clients to provide best-in-class software solutions. This role focuses on our office and supporting our teams. Therefore you will work 40 hours per week as a ‘back-office’ team member, with most of your work time spent at the office.
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Providing the most empathetic, safe and supportive experience to every Reaktorian is one of our core values. As well as making the world around us a better place one step at a time.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the future of technology together. Reaktor respectfully encourages applicants of all genders, gender identities and gender expressions, races, religions, ethnicities, countries of origin, age groups, sexual orientations, marital and parental statuses, people with mental or physical disabilities.
Sounds like you? We need to meet!
💻 We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
👋🏽 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Culture and Attitude interview.
😎 Next up is a Skills interview. We would like to see how you perform in work-related situations.
📃 Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
❤️ You’re in!
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Mobile Developer (iOS / Android / React Native)
Senior Product Designer
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.