Senior Software Engineer
Reaktor is a team of designers and engineers that craft digital products and services for diverse clients and industries around the globe, with offices in New York, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Dubai, and Stockholm. Our New York office is a lively group of bright and kind people, who are passionate about doing their best work to solve our clients’ most challenging problems.
We’re looking for experienced software engineers for our projects located in New York, NY. You will be joining one of our teams that are building world-class services for some of the most well-known brands in the world – HBO, Supercell, Finnair, Viacom, adidas, you name it.
We avoid unnecessary hierarchy and focus on small, autonomous teams that accomplish their own goals and make their own decisions, and have enough space and time to continuously inspire each other. Here’s Ana from our Helsinki office talking about humanity, and Miku explaining why autonomy makes for good business.
What we’ve got for you
- Small, autonomous teams, filled with experts in everything from design, to data science, to business consulting.
- You’ll get to work on projects that aim to affect the everyday lives of millions of people
- Diverse and challenging project work supported by a community of amazing people who you will learn from and will learn from you.
- Experimentation and continuous improvement of our skills and ways of working.
- A dedication to constant evolution (and the occasional revolution).
- A world without a rigid hierarchy—big ideas can come from anyone and anywhere.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software
Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering, or a related field (Employer will accept 2 years of university education and 4 years of work experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5 years of experience in the position offered or related position
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and develop custom software solutions for clients. Analyze user needs and then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs. Write and edit documentation.
- Collaborate with and lead the rest of the software engineering team, including other Software Engineers and Designers, to create optimum software.
- Design, implement and test custom-built software modules and solutions.
- Participate in every phase of the delivery process, focusing on technical implementation and design, and take part in full lifecycle software development, including requirements gathering, analysis, planning, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and acquire and license software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, and by investigating problem areas.
- Lead the analysis, design, development and test activities for application development and create robust and extensible architecture. Lead the design, implementation, and testing of features for all releases.
- Collaborate with other software development engineers within Reaktor to resolve defects as part of the scheduled patch or service releases.
- Reproduce issues reported by customers, investigate root causes, resolve, evaluate and document the defects associated with the issues. Serve as technical lead and lead design and code review.
- Perform technical troubleshooting, code debugging and problem-solving at both the technical and application levels. Investigate new technologies and approaches. Gather requirements and help clients refine, optimize and enhance the Reaktor product features.
Think Reaktor sounds like home? Great. Introduce yourself via email: email@example.com with subject “Senior Software Engineer”. Be original, not official.
Our whole NYC team.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.