Lead Product Designer
Reaktor is a strategy, design, and engineering company based in Helsinki, New York, Tokyo and Amsterdam. We are looking for lead product designers to join our Helsinki team.
Our designers work side-by-side with engineers, data scientists and other experts in small, fully autonomous, cross-functional teams. You will be designing and building world-class digital products and services for the likes of HBO, Amer Sports, Kone, Finnair and Nasdaq, among others.
Product designers can come from various backgrounds. They are measured by the impact they have on the team, customer and product. Still, our customers do expect you to be a contributing member and produce high-class tangible deliverables, so demonstrable skills in one or more expertise areas (e.g. visual, strategic, UX or UI design) are required. Your role requires you to be able to make the team become more than the sum of its parts, and you are able to take the role that is needed at any given time. This may entail producing deliverables, running workshops to help customers crystallize their vision or synthesizing shared ideas from different parties into a cohesive whole. Your goal at all times is to enable the customer and team to produce a working product.
To be successful you need to be passionate to learn from and to network with the whole gamut of experts at Reaktor. Empathy towards the needs, wants and challenges of the customer is necessary. We want to push the envelope and build products that have just the right amount of flair and delight to deliver that little something extra. Your team (which always includes your customer) needs your help and long experience to communicate through design and focus on the most important tasks at hand.
We believe in our ethos of continuous learning, rapid iterations and incremental value production. We believe integrated and adaptive teams always work better than individuals. If this is a culture and an environment you thrive in, we should talk.
To be successful in your future role, you will need:
- Strong command of one or several skills necessary in product design (Visual, UI or UX design, analysis or prototyping).
- Ability to naturally cultivate ideas in the team, facilitate the team to combine them into a whole and present them confidently.
- The skill to communicate through design. A set of tools gathered from previous experience to illustrate what you’re seeing and thinking.
- Empathy towards clients, their business problems and end users.
- Drive to get yourself and your team moving past square one in an environment where no one is telling you what to do or where the goal is. Methods to help you get there.
- Methodical approach to dividing a larger vision into sensible increments and then prioritizing these increments so that they can be made concrete.
- Natural inclination towards getting things done. No design is ready until there’s a piece of working software in the hands of the users.
- Communication skills to keep the customer and team up-to-date and to think out the next steps together.
- Willingness to take responsibility for your own work, development and career path. You set your own goals and targets; we are here to encourage and support you in whatever you want to achieve.
If you believe that this would be the perfect next step for your career, please, introduce yourself. Tell us about your past adventures in the world of design, and how those have led you towards what you’d love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Get in touch with us via the form below.
You can also use email, if that’s more suitable for you (eg. you have multiple attachments to send): email@example.com.
What we offer
- Meaningful, high-impact projects in customer-centric digital services
- Freedom and responsibility over your work
- Smart, practical colleagues working in small multi-disciplinary teams
- Competitive salary with good perks
- Excellent work/life -balance
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself. You can use Mac, Windows, Linux or whatever else you desire.