Lead Digital Product Designer
We are looking for digital product designers to join our ranks in Helsinki. You play a central role in our teams to help our clients turn their challenges into successful new ventures, services and products.
You’re an experienced designer with multiple successful projects under your belt. You understand the importance of meaningful communication and are experienced in listening to clients, discussing options and professionally guiding them towards a purposeful solution. You empower your team to create compelling digital solutions and see them through. Collaborating across disciplines to bring out the essential is an integral part of what you do.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
Our product designers work from high level to hands-on
Our product designers help our clients and teams by:
- Making sense of business needs and customers’ challenges
- Designing desirable and sustainable solutions
- Outlining the steps required to realize the product or solution
- Facilitating ways of working between the client and the team, helping our clients evolve the way they work along the way
Usually our product designers have a background in at least one design discipline – this can be visual design, UX, content design, business design, user research or other another relevant field.
What we’re looking for
A leader who can make things and make things happen
Product designer at Reaktor is a lead position. You:
- Understand and apply modern design practices and processes
- Take responsibility for design decisions
- Support your team and fellow designers
- Are comfortable with fuzzy briefs and opening new frontiers
- Are a native or fluent speaker of Finnish and fluent in English
- Support sales in opening new projects
- Support account management in your current projects
The role in practice
The keeper of the big picture
As a product designer, you guide the client and team from the current state of things towards a solution. You know how to concentrate on what is essential at any given moment, and can guide others to do the same. You view customers as your peers, and together you steer the team and the whole. However, leading doesn’t mean that you’ve forgotten how to craft things. You’re experienced in moving plans into actual execution, and are passionate about driving the design in your own area of specialization.
You’re constantly looking at the bigger picture. You ask the right questions to understand both the client’s position and their users’ problems, and can come up with solutions that benefit both.
You work in hybrid teams side-by-side with engineers, data scientists and other experts. You’re driven by meaningful work and projects that matter.
You participate in selling your own projects and enjoy arranging and facilitating workshops with potential and current customers and teams.
What we offer
- A true community of world-class experts
- A cooperative, supportive and friendly environment
- Pioneering projects and interesting clients
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role – and the support needed to get there
- Continuous training and coaching possibilities
- A workplace where you can truly feel at home
- A healthy balance between work and free time
- Interest groups and clubs by Reaktorians, for Reaktorians
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.
Reaktor in brief
Reaktor is a hybrid partner for forward-thinking companies and organizations. We reimagine businesses, and design and build tomorrow’s digital products. Our full range of consultancy and agency services include expertise from high level business consultancy to hands-on service and product design and development, to branding and marketing.
We have global reach, a Nordic touch, a boutique approach, and an exceptional ability to scale and take on projects of any caliber.