Looking for a work environment that gives you the freedom to experiment and grow?
Interested in designing next-level digital products and services?
Want to be part of a truly diverse team coming from 22 countries?
Lets talk 👋
We are looking for an Interaction Designer to join an award-winning team of business analysts, designers and developers. You will be developing the behavior of interactive products and services from the concept level to particular micro-interactions. Your role will cover establishing trusting relationships with our global clients like adidas, HBO, Liverpool FC, KLM & Rovio to solve complex challenges and human problems with noteworthy design.
As an Interaction Designer you will:
- Establish the guidelines that shape the ways users interact with digital products and services.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of designers, business analysts, copywriters, front and backend developers.
- Collaborate with the clients to make sense of their business challenges, goals and restrains and turn your understanding into great interaction designs.
- Communicating your ideas to different stakeholders through meaningful narratives will often be part of your day-to-day too.
- Document detailed research, user flows and analytics to find weak spots or identify opportunities to improve them.
- Validate your ideas and concepts with end users.
- Create concepts and detailed applications (ecosystem maps, customer journeys, service blueprints) based on the user research, benchmarking and design thinking.
- Produce and test interactive prototypes while prioritizing MVPs.
- Have 4+ of experience designing all things digital on top of a challenge-solver mindset who is excited about bringing creative ideas to life.
- Can show off your skills, talent and vision with a stellar portfolio.
- Enjoy and have a good eye for crafting killer decks that communicate your ideas and leave no stakeholder in doubt.
- Have all the soft skills to build long-term relationships of trust with the client. Sometimes you can be involved in organizing processes (keywords: Kanban, Agile, Lean, Scrum), as well as adopting new methodologies on the spot if they seem to provide for the best outcome.
- Are familiar with design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe or other).
- Show a great grasp of applying user centric design approach across a range of project types.
What’s in it for you?
There is no status quo. You will join a dynamic team granting you a lot of freedom to experiment, innovate and create. We enjoy Reaktor’s flat hierarchy and make sure everyone’s voice is heard. We see people as our main value: being surrounded by a diverse and talented group creates the best environment to learn and grow. Our Amsterdam office has a unique vibe being a lively mix of 50+ people coming from 22 different countries: we love to connect, enjoy team activities and learn from failure and embrace success together.
Salary range: €45 000 – 65 000 a year
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Flexible working hours
- Work trips between EU offices
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones and the gear you need to make great work
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips (when the pandemic situation permits)
If you’re not based in Amsterdam, no worries. What’s important is that you’d be willing to come join us. To make sure we’re a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the digital future together. You can take a look at Reaktor’s initiatives and actions here and check out Reaktorians’ thoughts on how the tech industry could be a better ally to women.
This is what happens after you apply:
👋🏽 We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
🗣 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better in our Attitude interview. We’ll talk about your past experiences and try to understand how you’d fit in the team.
💻 Next up is our Skills interview.
💯 Lastly, a chat to discuss some practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Software Developer Trainee
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.