Reaktor is a team of technology professionals that craft custom digital products and services for diverse industries and clients worldwide. We’re looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join our global HR team (called “The Hug”) and support our North American client teams in delivering world-class digital products for companies such as adidas, HBO and Paramount.
We’re looking for someone who will proactively tackle HR challenges, balance them with our business needs and work closely with our Reaktor community. This person will care deeply about the well-being of their teammates and is excited about solving human-related matters within a people-first organization.
Your closest stakeholders are all of our employees and you will work closely with our local Talent team and global Hug team. These teams are here to support and help you grow, and we’re equally excited to learn from you and your past experiences.
We’re looking for a person who lives in the New York metro area and is able to work on-site at our office in New York City’s Flatiron district several days a week.
What we can offer you:
- Interesting challenges and an opportunity to engage with Reaktor offices around the globe.
- Support from and collaboration with our global Hug team across different offices.
- Opportunity to play a key role in growing our team and the individuals in North America.
- High levels of trust and autonomy in a low-hierarchy organization.
- A friendly team of interesting, whole personalities willing to connect beyond work.
- The salary range for this position is 120–130k USD/year + benefits.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in HR.
- Experience working with a wide variety of HR-related matters, meaning you can handle both delicate HR conversations and detailed administrative HR work in the same day.
- A hands-on approach to discussing matters such as well-being, feedback, sick leave, vacations, benefit policies etc. directly with your coworkers.
- Experience with and understanding of US and Canadian labor laws, employee benefits, and related policies, practices, and compliance requirements.
- Experience in developing and administering HR programs and initiatives in cooperation with internal and/or external stakeholders.
We are looking for a team player who is able to support our people with a warm but determined mindset. Whether you are working on onboarding, having discussions about your colleague’s well-being or supporting your colleague in finding a role that best matches them, you are actively looking for the best solution for both the person and the company.
Ideally, you have experience with different kinds of difficult conversations, and you are able to use your emotional intelligence to ensure that the message is presented with a lot of empathy, while also keeping our business needs close to mind.
If reading this gave you butterflies, we hope you apply, no matter what your path here was. We hope you can join our community and help us build a company where everyone can feel proud to belong. Tell us about your past projects involving employee well-being or situations handling difficult conversations with fellow employees, and let us know what you'd love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Benefits and perks:
At Reaktor Inc, our benefits and perks evolve with our community, and we're always open to new ideas that will support the well-being of Reaktorians. Currently, we offer the following perks:
- A real work-life balance with 40-hour weeks
- Aetna health, dental and vision plans (Reaktor pays the full cost of your healthcare for you and 50% of the cost of your dependents)
- 401(k) employer matching up to 6% of your yearly salary starting from the get go
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Floating holiday policy – you can choose which holidays you want to recognize
- 16 weeks of fully paid family leave for primary caregivers and up to 8 weeks of fully paid family leave for secondary caregivers
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Citi Bike membership and commuting benefits
- A phone of your choice with a plan
- $250 quarterly learning stipend to use on your professional development
- $100 monthly wellness stipend to look after your mental and physical health
- $750 one-time budget for improving your remote work set up
- Dinners, team outings, company trips, and other opportunities to bond with your teammates
- Employee shareholder program starting from the get go (possibility to subscribe for shares 1-4 times a year)
Our process in a nutshell:
- Introduction with a member of our recruitment team (20 minutes)
- Non technical chat with a member of our recruitment team (1 hour)
- Technical conversation with one of our Hug team from Reaktor. We will discuss various topics in HR to ensure your skills align with our need (1 hour)
- Closing interview to iron out details and prepare us to make an offer (1 hour)
- We extend you an offer 🎉
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Lead Digital Product Designer
Remote Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Remote Lead Product Designer
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.