Hands-on Software Architect
We’re looking for a hands-on software architect to join our Helsinki office. Your job will be to be a senior member of a cross-functional software development team and work “in the trenches” on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects.
If you’re an experienced software architect who is looking to do actual development work and keep current with the latest technologies, you’re just what we need. As a software architect, you desire both the freedom to shape your own role and the responsibility to deliver a wide range of development tasks. You can also draw on your experience to coach your teammates and find the best way to meet our clients’ goals.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
Your job is to be one of the most experienced members of a very productive and skilled team.
What the role entails:
- Having a lot of freedom and responsibility: our customers hire us to be the experts and they trust us with their most critical projects – and our aim is to be worthy of this trust
- Working on a wide range of projects: each project will be different and mandate a different approach. The only thing in common between them is that they are interesting, challenging and meaningful
- Having the freedom to impact how you work: your team chooses the approach, technologies and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation
- Constantly learning: we do our part to advance our field and always look for better ways to work
- Working with a team that’s not only experienced, but considerate as well: your coworkers are likely as experienced as you are, and they all want you to succeed
As a hands-on software architect, you have:
- Comprehensive and broad knowledge in building digital software products and their associated architectures
- A curious mind that is open to change – we want to continue learning all the time, and you should know your stuff and understand what you don’t know
- An ego that survives being checked at the door. Ideally, you have nothing to prove and are looking to help everyone else rise to their potential
- Tenacity. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and the same thing applies to software architecture
- Working experience with concrete results. We expect you to be able to show us “I did this”
- Note: we’re not looking for a specific amount of experience, but we’ve found out that it usually takes 8+ years of working in the field to reach the expected level
- Fluency in either English or Finnish and good communication skills (written & spoken)
- The necessary permits for working in Finland
Voit lähettää hakemuksesi meille myös suomeksi!
P.S. Listen to our new podcast Fork Pull Merge Push.
Insight, inspiration, and the most mind-bending technical rabbit holes, brought to you biweekly.
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Senior Web Developer
Software Developer – Join our remote Reaktor office in Finland
Hands-on Software Architect
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.