Experienced iOS developer
Reaktor is a strategy, design, and engineering company based in Amsterdam, New York City, Helsinki, Tokyo, and Dubai.
The company was founded in Finland sixteen years ago, and the Amsterdam team has now reached its terrific twos (🎉). The 400 Reaktorians all over the world excel in everything from hardcore software development to sophisticated brand and concept design – our goal is to bring the most talented people together to help our customers build truly remarkable services. We avoid unnecessary hierarchy and focus on fully autonomic teams that accomplish their own goals and make their own decisions.
We’re looking to hire iOS developers in our projects in Amsterdam. You will be building world-class services for some of the most well-known brands in the world – AFKLM, HBO, Michael Kors, Supercell, Finnair, you name it.
You’ll be working in our customer project teams of 4-8 professionals, building native software for Apple devices. Besides mobile phones and tablets, you will also be developing applications for Smart TVs and wearables, such as Apple TV and Apple Watch.
What we expect from you ✍️
- Proficient in Swift and/or Objective C
- Known for writing decoupled, easy to maintain, testable and performant code
- Solid understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and creating fluid app experiences
- Experienced with all phases of app development – from prototyping to publishing to the App Store
- Multiple high-quality apps in the App Store
- Deep understanding of networking, both at the app side and at the backend
- Interest and experience in backend development and developing micro services/APIs
- Appreciation for agile and lean principles that actually work, and solving really hard problems with clean code.
- Willingness to be responsible for your work, development and career path. Having said that, don’t worry: we’ll have your back in whatever you want to achieve, but it’s up to you to keep the end goal straight.
What we’ve got for you 🤗
- When we hire you, we trust you. That means you call the shots when it comes to selecting your gear, tech, and ways of working. Alex, a future colleague of yours at the Amsterdam office, elaborates further in this heartfelt letter.
- We try our best to make sure that every morning, you’ll come to work with a smile on your face, feeling like you can make a difference.
- Naturally, necessities like equipment and compensation will be taken care of in a manner that all parties maintain said smile (= you chose your own gear, we talk about the compensation).
- We promise to send you to the Great White North (Finland) for orientation. There’s a chance we’ll send you somewhere else as well if you like.
So please, introduce yourself with the form below or at email@example.com. Tell us your story, hit us up with things like open source projects or your GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket repository, share whatever you think we’d find interesting. Here’s Adam explaining what you can expect from us when we get back to you.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Your Amsterdam team
P.S. If you’re not a mobile developer but more on the side of mobile curious, you might find this post about Apple’s walled garden interesting!