Love sharing your knowledge, and teaching devs how to deploy their code?
Curious about working with different stacks in different domains?
Passionate about life and have hobbies you just can’t shut up about?
Sounds like you are a Reaktorian already 😎
The Amsterdam office has grown from a three-person corner room (and temporary camp) at WeWork to a fifty-person canal house on Looiersgracht (and a boat in the canal). And, we think our story in the Netherlands has only seen its pilot.
We make our clients succeed in technology
Reaktor teams work in close co-operation with our clients. We deliver anything from automating beer brewing processes and scaling the streaming of popular TV shows (hint: winter is coming), to refining global scale ecommerce services to withstand 200k+ RPM traffic peaks during Black Friday sales.
Your job is to enable a worry-free development experience for your team. You make sure that automation and monitoring is in place, and that our clients understand the hows and whys of the infrastructure.
What we expect from you
- You hate repetitive work and agree that if it can be documented, it can be automated.
- You want to work as a part of a development team.
- You want to apply your knowledge to building scalable, observable systems.
- You like to make application developers smile every time they use git push.
What we offer, technically speaking
- We use the best tools for the job at hand. It can mean building a system on top of Kubernetes, or letting Heroku do the heavy lifting.
- We automate things to the point where we can observe a platform auto-adjust itself during a sudden twentyfold traffic peak.
- Oftentimes problems are best solved with no infrastructure or code at all, but with talking to the right people.
- Our juniors and seniors alike work on both the shiny and dirty bits of the infrastructure. No ivory tower architects here.
- We have no hard language or tech requirements, but having experience with Linux and knowing at least one scripting language often comes in handy.
Here’s what happens when you hit ‘Apply’
💻Brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
👋🏽Introduction to Reaktor. We call this the Culture and Attitude interview. Here’s Adam to tell you more about what to expect from our interviews.
😎 Technical interview. No brain teasers or sorting algos, we promise! You choose a couple of topics to discuss, we choose a couple of topics to discuss.
📃 Closing interview. We clarify our mutual expectations of our common future. Naturally, necessities like compensation and equipment will be taken care of in a manner that satisfies us both.
❤️ You’re in!