We’re looking for a hands-on and experienced design director to join our ranks in Helsinki. You like to roll up your sleeves and take an active role in projects while guiding the client and your team to a successful result. As a designer, you should have multiple successful digital services and/or products under your belt. As a director, you understand the importance of communication and know how to listen to clients, discuss options, and help them find the best solution possible.
Working with client teams at our Helsinki office, you’ll collaborate across disciplines and lead by example to create compelling digital solutions. You’ll also support our community of designers and coach them to become better at what they do.
What we’re like
At Reaktor, we pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Here, you’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals.
We constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter. As a Reaktorian, you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.
Want to learn more about what we do? Check out our work for Finnair.
A leader who can make things and make things happen
As a design director, you know how to concentrate on what is essential at any given moment, and can guide others to do the same. You view customers as your peers, and together you steer the team and the whole project.
You remember to constantly zoom out to look at the bigger picture. You ask the right questions to understand both the client’s position and their users’ problems, and come up with solutions that benefit all parties. You know how to turn first plans into final products – and lead by example by doing design work and continually improving your craft.
Our design directors work from high level to hands-on
- You are an experienced digital product designer, with solid experience in at least one design discipline – visual design, UX, content design or business design. We’re not looking for a specific experience range, but to give you some perspective, it usually takes between 10 to 20 years to reach the level we need, and your co-design directors will have at least this many years of experience.
- You master the end-to-end production of digital products, can build a compelling product vision, and can communicate and facilitate this vision for our clients
- You are a solid team worker and treat your fellow team members as your equals
- Your eyes light up when talking about good design or successful teamwork – whether within your team, to the clients or in public
- You are fluent in communicating about design both verbally and in visual presentations
- You are still comfortable with your chosen set of design tools, whether it is pen and paper, Figma or something else
- You are enthusiastic about guiding fellow designers, helping them and our design community as a whole to reach their potential
- You consider your colleagues in sales to be your best friends and are happy to open new frontiers with them
- You have an international mindset and you always strive for quality
If you feel like this is you, drop us a line!
Want to know who you’d work with?
Get to know some of your future colleagues beforehand: