- Do you like working with data and enjoy the process of extracting actionable insights from unstructured datasets?
- Are you looking for technical challenges related to scale where infrastructure and algorithmic choices have tangible consequences
- Are you interested in the field of machine learning and want to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals?
Our tech community is looking for a data engineer to join our office in Helsinki or remotely in Finland.
As a data engineer at Reaktor, you’ll
Build and design scalable architectures behind data-intensive applications
Your daily tasks include:
- Designing and developing scalable data pipelines in both batch and stream processing settings
- Working on infrastructure and APIs for storing, transforming and delivering data to end users
- Working together with our clients and domain experts to figure out their data needs
- Collaborating with data scientists to design end-to-end data products
On your typical day at work you might be creating and building: an end-to-end data pipeline for gathering impression data and serving content recommendations for a media streaming platform; a semantic search engine for large amounts of textual data; a data lake with numerous sources of financial data; or a platform and data pipelines for running ML models and integrating results to different applications.
A data engineer with consulting skills
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- A background in working with databases (such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Consulting skills i.e. good communication skills and the ability to work with clients to figure out their data needs
- Fluency in English
In addition you preferably have:
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code practices (such as Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK)
- General knowledge of modern data science and business intelligence tools and frameworks
- Four years or more experience from hands-on data engineering projects
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
Our experts are the foundation of our high-quality client work, and your wellbeing is always our utmost priority. You’ll be supported with internal training and events, development discussions, various hobby clubs, and an altogether comprehensive benefit package.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- The freedom to impact how you work. Your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires.
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well. Your coworkers are likely as experienced as you are, and they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work (free moving day, moving van & other cars to loan for free, sick child care services, office space to use for your private events, etc.).
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. We offer +35 internal training events on average every month, +15 community events and several 15-minute coffee breaks to discuss hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in longer academy-like studies like leading a team, delivering challenging projects, Cloud Academy, Mobile Academy, GraphQL Academy, UX Academy, and much more.
- 300+ hobby clubs from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery that bring people together outside (and sometimes inside) of office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
In addition to our culture perks, we’re offering you an extensive benefit package including the following and more:
- Extended healthcare services, with broad-spectrum specialist services included
- Dental care up to 250€/year
- 300€/year for exercise and relaxation
- 200€/month lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Travel and health insurance
- Company shares
- Bicycle benefit and commuting benefits
- Subsidized massages
- A phone of your choice with a phone subscription
- Internet subscription of your choice
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
- A programme to support Open Source work
- Freedom to work remotely wherever in Finland full-time, or work up to two months from another EU country
- Support for possible relocations and help to acquire a residence permit if needed
Interested? Then use the form below to introduce yourself by sending us your cover letter and resume, and a link to a concrete work sample (e.g. GitHub). Voit lähettää hakemuksesi meille myös suomeksi.
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Remote Senior Full Stack Software Engineers
Developer / SRE, puolustus- ja turvallisuustoimiala
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.