Reaktor Creative is looking for a Creative Developer to join the team in Helsinki or Amsterdam! The person we are looking for has passion for design and all things digital, curiosity in creativity and the practical skills and vision for developing boundary pushing solutions and front-end experiences.
You will work as part of multidisciplinary teams to conceptualise and deliver world-class digital brand experiences for our clients. Your role is to be hands-on, with a focus on creating unique ideas, innovations and front-end solutions that help our teams to conceptualise, design and produce forward-thinking digital experiences. You will be working on projects at a local, regional and global scale.
Reaktor Creative is a multidisciplinary agency that co-creates the future with forward-thinking companies. We exist where their customers exist: across platforms, disciplines, mediums and continents. Our team of 40+ diverse creative professionals all share one common goal – to create world-class creative work for our clients worldwide, such as: Netflix, Liverpool FC, Adidas, Lego, Amnesty International and Rovio to name a few.
Founded in 2018, we serve our clients from our offices in Amsterdam and Helsinki. You can be based in either city.
A typical day as a Creative Developer
Your daily tasks include:
- Partner up with Creatives and Designers helping to drive innovative ideas forward by contributing to concepts, creative ideation and innovation from a technologist’s perspective.
- Collaborate closely with the team to assess the feasibility of creative ideas.
- Apply standard and emerging technology best practices to develop interactive projects.
- Work on proposals, owning the technical approach and architecture.
- Take responsibility in sparring with clients during the sales process.
- Be part of developing our offering, ways of working, and innovation processes
- Act as a beacon of cutting-edge, well-crafted and modern code from each engineer in the team.
- Take part in navigating client work and helping to guide clients in making the “right” decisions.
You have an engineer’s heart and a creative mindset
This role is perfect for someone who draws personal satisfaction from emerging technology, facilitating innovative work and working across a diverse range of creative projects.
To thrive in this position, you’ll need to:
- Possess a strong aesthetic eye and appreciate good design and creative thinking.
- Have excellent presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Experience creating detailed and performant experiences with code
- Confident understanding of browser and device limitations and how to circumvent them
- Have strong expertise in modern front-end technology (responsive design, cross-browser development), frameworks, and libraries
- Have experience in emerging technologies such as computer vision, AR, ML, WebGL / Three.js
- Be able to thrive in fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be able to create concepts and develop prototypes
We are impressed if:
- You are ultimately a creative person but engineering is your core skill.
- You are passionate about learning new ways of using established and emerging technologies, and create working examples of applications.
- You have a sales oriented mindset and strong presentation skills
- You have expertise in a few of the following: Swift, Unity, Python, CSS based animation, D3 and/or OpenFrameworks
- You draw satisfaction from helping to build and create new offerings, are passionate about emerging technology, facilitating innovative work and working across a diverse range of projects.
- Have some design skills and familiarity with modern design tools such as Figma
- Bonus: Have experience with designing in 3D (C4D, Blender) and bringing 3D in front of consumers (three.js or writing custom shaders)
Interested? Drop us a line via the form below (CV and portfolio included) and introduce yourself!
Please note that the application period for this role ends on January 31st 2022, and we’ll be filling the position as soon as we find the perfect candidate.
If you got interested in working with us at Reaktor, we recommend you also check our other open positions. We’re constantly looking for talents globally, and even if there are no open positions at the moment, we’ll gladly read and consider open applications.
Careers at Reaktor
We are a strategy, design, and technology partner for forward-thinking companies and societies. Our unmatched execution capability is founded in superior technological skills and strong maker culture. If you want to know more about our way of working and culture, read more in the link below.