Business Development Professional for the Aero Industry
We are looking for a business development professional to join our Reaktor Aero business team. You will work closely with Reaktor’s cross-functional teams to develop customer relationships across the globe. You will mainly focus on improving and growing our existing accounts, but you’ll also be involved in new cases when needed. The role also includes some amount of active project participation.
The office is located in Helsinki, Finland, but the job involves a lot of travel. This position is suitable for an experienced digital services expert who is looking to develop their expertise more towards account management. Please note that this position is not suitable for juniors.
You should be interested in building digital services on a global scale, can think on your feet and are good with people. You love the idea of helping our clients grow. You can share insights about digital services and how they can change the world, and understand how digital services fit into the big picture, both in end-customer touchpoints and as part of our clients’ internal processes.
You have a good understanding of what it takes to build quality custom software and digital services and don’t expect to peddle off-the-shelf products. You can contribute to the process of figuring out what the client needs without necessarily having many ready-made templates to draw from.
You are patient and can think and plan for the long term. You understand the difficulties and challenges of long sales cycles and what it takes to stay relevant in the mind of the client. You want to carry the responsibility for delivering what has been sold to our clients, working in close cooperation with our teams. You also understand how RFI-RFP processes work, and can produce text with actual content instead of just buzzwords.
You find reward from building long-lasting client relationships and creating new success stories. You are motivated by interesting challenges, solving problems, and working with people. You enjoy being responsible for making things happen and want to work as an equal team member in a flat, non-hierarchical organisation.
Experience with the aviation industry is a plus, but not mandatory. What is more important is an understanding of digital services and agility, a thirst for knowledge, and the ability to handle large business contexts.
What you’ll do
Your job is to make our business – and our clients’ business – flourish
At Reaktor, you’ll
- Help identify, open, manage and grow international customer accounts
- Love to build and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Work with the Reaktor Aero team with a focus on the aviation industry, but are versatile enough to switch to other industries when needed
- Work with the best specialists in the field
- Develop the business of one of the best consulting companies in Finland
- Have an impact on the lives of millions of travellers around the world
What we’re looking for
An account development pro
- The ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment where you’ll be comfortable collaborating with multidisciplinary design and engineering teams in a non-hierarchical organization
- An independent take on your job and an ability to put together a sales deck when needed
- A technical background or technical acumen in some other capacity, with a mind that is sales and business oriented
- Willingness to be hands-on involved in the work together with the teams
- Working experience that has lead to concrete results. You are not motivated by sales quotas or bonuses, but by the impact you have on the world around you
- A readiness to travel the world
- Great communication skills and excellent written and spoken English. A good command of French, German, Chinese or other major languages is a plus
What we offer
- A cooperative, supportive and friendly community of world-class experts
- Meaningful, pioneering projects with interesting clients
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role – and the support needed to get there
- Continuous training and coaching possibilities
- A workplace where you can truly feel at home
- A healthy balance between work and free time
- Interest groups and clubs by Reaktorians, for Reaktorians
Send us your application by April 28th 2019, but don’t delay! We’ll be filling this position as soon as we find the right person for the job.
Reaktor in brief
Reaktor is a design and development hybrid partner for forward-thinking companies and organizations. We reimagine businesses, and design and build tomorrow’s digital products. Our full range of consultancy and agency services include expertise from high level business consultancy to hands-on service and product design and development, to branding and marketing.
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.