We’re looking for a digitally savvy business designer to join our office in Helsinki. As a business designer, you’ll help us to solve meaningful strategic challenges and build viable business for our clients.
We’re looking for someone who combines real-world experience and theoretical knowledge with a solid understanding of business and how to quantify it. We are looking to grow our team at different levels of seniority. You may be rather junior but have still demonstrated skills and vision beyond your professional years, or you may be a seasoned visionary with a multitude of war stories and wisdom to share.
At Reaktor, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
What you’ll do
You are obsessed with solving complex problems
As a business designer at Reaktor, you’ll work within our interdisciplinary teams to:
- Collaborate with clients to understand their businesses, challenges, and opportunities and help them to identify and prioritize their near and long term goals
- Research client organizations and industries by interviewing and facilitating workshops with client employees, management teams, and other stakeholders
- Identify issues, create hypotheses, execute analyses, translate data into meaningful insights, and present options and recommendations to key decision makers
- Develop plans that implement our strategic recommendations and manage execution from the strategy phase to taking concrete actions
What we’re looking for
Independent thinkers who embrace uncertainty
As a business designer, you:
- Are experienced in business context sensemaking, business case analysis, business strategies, and financial modeling
- Have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of digital trends and challenges across industries
- Have a toolbox of useful frameworks and models to aid your thinking while still treating each project as unique
- Are pragmatic and analytical and aim to test and validate your hypothesis instead of trusting a hunch
- Are comfortable working with clients as both a collaborator and an advisor
- Are able to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and are comfortable collaborating with multidisciplinary design and engineering teams in a non-hierarchical organization
- Have at least five years of relevant work experience, e.g. in management consulting, strategy development, business leadership or similar
- Experience in data strategy, quantitative research, data analytics and/or systems thinking is considered a plus, but not required
What we offer
- A cooperative, supportive and friendly community of world-class experts
- Meaningful, pioneering projects with interesting clients
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role – and the support needed to get there
- Continuous training and coaching possibilities
- A workplace where you can truly feel at home
- A healthy balance between work and free time
- Interest groups and clubs by Reaktorians, for Reaktorians
Send us your application by February 28th 2019, but don’t delay! We’ll be filling this position as soon as we find the right person for the job. Are you interested in hearing more about business design at Reaktor? Check out our business designers' thoughts on agile strategy and how to make it work.
Pop Quiz (optional)
Please include a response to the following questions with your application. Keep it simple, to 200 words or less:
– What business model inspires you? Why?
– Which industry is ripe for an application of this business model to disrupt existing players and how so?
– How could you prototype the offering?
What we’re like
We pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and human. Reaktorians are a friendly, curious bunch – in addition to being some of the sharpest minds around. Doing what others consider unrealistic is our bread and butter.
We work together with our clients to set our projects up for success and help their organizations adapt and remain ahead in a world that is increasingly complex. As a Reaktorian you get to work in and learn from hybrid teams, with experts ranging from engineering to AI, business consulting, design, content and data.