We’re looking for great engineers with diverse backgrounds. We need people that can fill hybrid roles with different emphases on the wide context of product development. We don’t have predefined positions. Instead, we invite you to come talk to us about your skills, experience, ambitions, and dream role. We hope to find exceptional people to do exceptional work with us, and we believe it’s important that we define your role and path to our mutual growth together.
Reaktor is a creative digital product studio. Our 5-year-old Tokyo branch focuses on helping enterprises build digital services using a user-driven, agile approach. We work lean, and swear by prototypes and data, continuous iteration, humble curiosity, and small teams with big autonomy. Our creations cover a wide range of platforms and technologies, including mobile apps, web, IoT devices, VR, robots, and even satellites.
A typical day as an Awesome Developer:
- Creating beautiful digital service loved by users
- Planning the software architecture and technology stack
- Building elegant and robust software using latest technology
- Automating processes whenever possible
- Working with our clients in Japan
- Contributing to our global projects in New York or Europe
What you need to bring with you:
- Conversational Japanese and English in business context
- Over 5 years experience in building digital products and services
- Understand digital service development
- Being truly lean and agile and human centered
- Hands-on experience with modern technologies, either at work or as a hobby
- Compassion for people—both those around you, and those who will use what we build.
To give you an idea what it’s like working at Reaktor:
- We believe digitalization can bring unprecedented change to Japan. At Reaktor, you will be fulfilling a key role to help us bring innovative digital services to Japanese enterprises.
- We create digital services that answer users’ needs without compromising on software quality or execution speed.
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We have global offices in New York, Helsinki, Amsterdam and Tokyo. You get to learn and share knowledge with other top talent from all over the world.
If you believe you are the person we’re looking for, introduce yourself. Tell us your story and what you want to accomplish. Details of any open source projects and your GitHub repository are highly regarded.
Drop us a line at about why you’re a perfect fit for this position, and include your CV along with few samples of your work.
We can’t wait to meet you!