Have you ever had that feeling that all those REST APIs you’ve built would benefit from just a little bit of… intelligence? You probably know Python like the back of your hand, and have experimented with a couple of different Haar cascades. Quicksort and binary search trees are your basic tools of trade, and you’re eager to start working on algorithms that fit data at scale.
Maybe you’ve already made the mental leap that tensor structures in neural network platforms such as TensorFlow and Theano are in fact very similar to Observables in RX.
Read on, we’ve got just the right position for you.
We’re looking for an AI developer who works smoothly with our AI designers, and data scientists, creating intelligent digital services. Projects range from practical AI solutions, like chatbots, to ambitious applications that need more groundbreaking research-like attitude. We believe we can make people’s lives easier by harnessing AI. You have a straight-forward attitude, and can sometimes find ready-made solutions to problems that our scientists would spend too much time on.
Who are we, then? Reaktor is a strategy, design, engineering, and artificial intelligence company based in Helsinki, NYC, Tokyo and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast and we’re always on the look-out for the most talented software engineers to make sure our teams are filled with best in class individuals. We might all have climbed far up the career ladder in our past lives, but here we leave our titles at the door and work together to get shit done with clients like HBO, Michael Kors, Nasdaq, Samsung, Supercell, and Finnair.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Teams that are totally autonomous and cross-functional.
- A community of amazing people who will both teach you and learn from you.
- Experimentation and continuous improvement of our skills and ways of working.
- A commitment to constant evolution (and the occasional revolution).
- A world without hierarchy – big ideas can come from anyone and anywhere.
- A ton of fun!
What we’ll expect from you:
- Familiarity with AI applications, such as machine learning, speech recognition and natural language processing.
- Knowledge of some of the following: AWS, Google Cloud or Azure machine learning APIs, Spark, Theano, Tensorflow, Torch, Python, R.
- Passion for:
- Agile and lean principles that actually work – not rituals for rituals’ sake.
- Solving really hard problems (and doing it with clean code).
- Learning, growing, and embiggening your mind!
- Willingness to be responsible for your work, development and career path. Don’t worry: we’ll have your back in whatever you want to achieve, but it’s up to you to have the end goal in mind.
- Ability to work abroad for short periods of time.
What we offer
- Meaningful, high-impact projects in customer-centric digital services
- Freedom and responsibility over your work
- Smart, practical colleagues working in small multi-disciplinary teams
- Competitive salary with good perks
- Excellent work/life -balance
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself. You can use Mac, Windows, Linux or whatever else you desire.