Greeting from the first ever Systems Thinking Applied Open Space
Read time 1 min
I’ll admit it. I did feel a bit surreal when I woke up last Saturday thinking I’ll be spending my day off at an open space talking about systems thinking. Luckily, there’s strength in numbers. I was not alone. 50 others had made the same choice. Sitra had kindly offered us a venue at Ruoholahti, Helsinki.
The focus of the open space was on practical applications of systems thinking. The invitation said we’d especially like to welcome:
- Discussions on how to make systems thinking more approachable
- Experiences and stories of practical applications
- Experiments we could run, things we could do.
Here’s some photos from the event.
Topics discussed included (but were not limited to):
- System curious leader
- Systems thinking canvas
- Systems thinking elevator pitch
- Systems thinking in managing your daily life
- Why people act they way they do in an organization?
At the end of the open space, there was a good buzz of energized people. Everyone I spoke to had had a great time. I had a great time and I hope we can make another one happen in a few months.
If you’re interested in making systems thinking more approachable, there’s a growing group of similar minded people waiting for you to join them. The easiest way is to get on board is to join the Facebook group Systems Thinking Applied Community.